This position is relevant for Tel Aviv and Beer Sheva office
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What you’ll be doing:
As our new Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be joining the Platform group. This group of highly-experienced and detail-oriented engineers proudly owns the network stack, storage stack, task scheduling infrastructure and more.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Play an active role in creating jaw-dropping designs, writing impressively efficient code, and conducting collaborative code review;
- Share fresh ideas and architectural guidance for our core areas of distributed computing, high-performance storage, and cloud computing; and
- Challenge our benchmarks with performance testing around IO and storage throughput.
- Mastery of low-level C/C++ development in Linux user space or kernel-space with a vast experience in performance-sensitive code
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with software development on Linux based systems
- Familiarity with network concepts and protocols (UDP, TCP, InfiniBand, Ethernet, RDMA).
It's nice if you have:
- Experience with DPDK and SPDK
- Knowledge of storage systems and SSDs
- Kernel driver development know-how
- Previous experience with hardware interfaces
- Prior involvement with deep networking (congestion control, bonding, VLAN, InfiniBand)
- Familiarity with storage concepts (SMB, NFS, S3, SSD, NVMe, Linux filesystems)
- Experience with the development of highly-distributed systems
- Experience with memory management concepts and entities in a multiprocessing system (cache, shared memory, numa, etc.)
For more info you can write to Zvi.Sharon@weka.io