This position is relevant for Tel Aviv and Beer Sheva office
About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
As a Senior Kernel Engineer, you’ll:
- Design and develop core product features in a complex software system with a focus on Linux kernel and OS infrastructure layers
- Provide architectural guidance and fresh ideas in our core kernel driver and related interfaces
- Locate performance bottlenecks within Linux and/or its driver or other components, and suggest & implement enhancements to meet target performance goals
Most importantly, assume nothing - constantly revisit how we work and whether our productivity is perfectly tuned
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in Linux kernel development and debugging
- Master of low-level C development in Linux kernel, with vast experience in performance-sensitive code and a solid understanding of the VFS, page cache & file system concepts
- Familiarity with kernel development methodologies and kernel structure, as well as experience in developing kernel modules
- Top-notch experience in the Linux Kernel Driver model & development
- Lock/lockless synchronization between kernel space & userspace
- Broad knowledge and understanding in Linux internals, kernel subsystems (Memory Management, IO, Storage, Networking), and kernel crash and core analysis skills
- Knowledge of IO tools and performance benchmarks using standard tools
- A deep understanding of threading and locking mechanisms
- A highly motivated and independent engineer with a positive attitude, a creative and open mind, and fluency in English.
It's nice if you have:
- A background in working with the Linux kernel community
- Experience contributing/up-streaming/maintaining kernel code
- Knowledge of storage subsystems, storage stack, and protocols (NVMe, NFS, Samba, filesystems), along with development experience with enterprise-grade storage solutions
- Experience hacking complex open-source projects
For more info you can write to Zvi.Sharon@weka.io