About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What makes a Wekkie?
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, a relentless curiosity about all things tech, and you thrive on pushing limits and breaking barriers, you’ll fit right in at Weka!
We’re a super friendly bunch who support each other, promote best practices, and always encourage collaboration and sharing ideas. Even on rainy days, our sunny spirits shine through. And as we grow, we’re inviting those who are like us to join in the fun!
What you’ll be doing:
As part of this role you will deploy Weka system in the cloud, use it as Weka customers and write tools to test the product. You will be part of the presale and post sale activity to enable Weka solutions for Weka customers.
You will be part of a team of highly skilled Python programmers that are responsible for creating test coverage for all system functionalities and configurations. Together with the team, you will be responsible for the product’s reliability and stability, which is a core requirement of any enterprise storage product and is vital to its success.
- 4+ years of experience as a Cloud engineer/ Devops / SRE / Automation with a demonstrated focus on application and infrastructure automation in the public cloud.
- Proven knowledge and experience of cloud infrastructure platforms, Azure - Must have. AWS, or Google Cloud - Advantage.
- Solid experience with CI/CD solutions and pipelines (GitHub actions, Buildkite etc.)
- Experience with configuration management frameworks and tools. Terraform – Must have
- Proven experience with system scripting & automation. Python (pytest) & Bash - Must have Go - advantage
- Experience with Virtualization and Containerization technologies.Kubernetes & Docker – an advantage
- Experience with cloud networking methodologies and "real-world" practices
- Solid understanding of cloud storage concepts and ideas. Ceph - an advantage
- Able to collaborate with diverse groups of people: engineering and product
- “Can do” approach, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently
- Pro-active – you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment