About The Position
Weka is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. WEKA lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or in a hybrid environment, and was built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.
At Weka, we are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
We currently enable Fortune500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems. Want to join the ride?
What you’ll be doing:
Our Automation Engineers are part of a team of highly skilled Python programmers that are responsible for creating test coverage for all system functionalities and configurations. This is a challenging but crucial engineering task since the testing of a feature in storage can be more complex than its actual implementation. Together with the team, you will be responsible for the product’s reliability and stability, which is a core requirement of any enterprise storage product and is vital to its success.
As a Senior Automation Engineer, you’ll:
- Create detailed, well-structured test plans and test cases
- Implement automated distributed tests in Python
- Gain an in-depth understanding of a complex, clustered system and be able to accurately analyze failures in those systems
- Collaborate with the R&D team in order to identify and analyze problems, as well as verify and test solutions; and
- Become a storage expert who understands the terminology, protocols, configurations, architecture, and practicalities in the frontier of storage technology
- Experience testing in public clouds such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results-oriented, self-learner, problem solver with a 'can do' attitude
- A team player
- 5+ years of experience in Python programming
- Experience with Protocol Testing like S3, NFS, SMB
- Experience with software development in a Linux environment
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Networking knowledge